Friday, September 30, 2011

What I Wore - I Got Bangs!

purple maxi skirt target/ black blazer gift {j.c.penny}/ cream ruffle tank gap outlet/ tan boots target/ silver ring  j.c.penny


Zooey Deschanel
For something new I cut my bangs on Wednesday night. I was going for a Debbie Reynolds {Tammy} & Zooey Deschanel look.  How do y'all like it? Like them? Hate them? (BTW: they look much better now that I washed my hair.)


About a month ago I bought this purple maxi skirt in the clearance section at Target (what a dangerous store for me & my wallet). The color was perfect to be worn during the fall and winter so I bought it. I LOVE it! It doesn't feel too long to wear. Which is key for me. I've been known to rip out my hems by stepping on them. um, yes. It is also lots of fun to style. Y'all will definitely be seeing this skirt a lot in the coming months. 

In other news, I finished my sewing my circle skirt. About 9 o'clock last night I started hand sewing the hem on my skirt. My skirt was looking so nice that I wasn't about to ruin the look by sewing the hem on my sewing machine. So after sewing 1/4 of the hem last night I went to bed. And finished the other 3/4 of the hem while watching, The Winning Team {1952} & A Yank as Eton {1942} today. The latter film has Mickey Rooney {22}, Freddie Bartholomew {18}, and Peter Lawford {19}. What I found funny about this movie is that Bartholomew played an older half-brother, by one year, to Rooney (As you can see above, next to everyone's name I have their age at the time the movie came out). That was odd. It would be even more odd if you had only see them together in Little Lord Fauntleroy. Oh, my. 


Well, I better get going. Soon we will be eating diner then it's off to the movie theater.


No comments:

Post a Comment