Thursday, September 8, 2011

1939/1940 Fall/Winter Sears & Roebuck Catalog

I'm so excited to share with y'all my find on Etsy. A 1939/1940 Fall/Winter Sears & Roebuck Catalog! There is so much information packed into this thick catalog. Books, clothing, sewing supplies, beauty products, and so much more. It is simply glorious! Here is just a sneak peak into the catalog. And I may, or may not have gone overboard on the pictures. ;-) But I tell you, this is just a small fraction of the catalog. 

Darling colorful winter coats. I'll take either E or F {the two on the right}.

Love the suit on the right! I even bought some suiting fabric like that in LA last month. Hmm...ideas.

Winter coats back then were so glamorous. 

More lovely suits. 

Could these dresses and jackets just pop into my closet, please? 

Wouldn't mind owning a few of these skirts. 

One of the things I loved most about browsing through this catalog is the colors. I never imagined them wearing these bright colors. Don't know why. But it never crossed my mind that they would. I always thought of the era in more muted tones.

Brightly colored blouses for between $1.98 - $1.00. 

L.o.v.e these cardigans! Very classic and colorful. 

These are pretty too. I like the mustered color one on the bottom left-side corner.

Hats! Hats! Hats!

More glorious hats! 

May I have the, Deanna Durbin styled hat, please? 

 Hair supplies. Do you see the "Movie Wave" set? It says, "The 'Hair-Dos' of the stars right at your fingertips." I wonder if it came with a booklet on how to do your stars favorite hairstyle? 

 Beauty supplies....

 More beauty supplies....

 Housecoats. 

 Lovely boots. The ones on top remind me of boots you can buy today. 

 Adorable booties. I adore the fur trimmed ones. 

 These plaid dresses for girls are so cute!

 I wouldn't mind having view E of the juniors coats. So cute! Her headscarf is adorable too.

Fun colorful, woolens that you can buy.

 Velvet and corduroy colors you can buy. 

 Rayon's.....

 Cotton flannels....

 Cottons....

Look! A Mickey Mouse watch. 

Which are your favorites? Also, what pages would you like to see next?

No comments:

Post a Comment