Thursday, June 23, 2011

Who Inspires Me (Fashion Wise) - Deanna Durbin



Let's see here, the last time I did a Who Inspires Me (Fashion Wise) post was in February. Oh. my. My past posts where on Grace Kelly, Audrey Hepburn, and Judy Garland


Today's post is on one of my very favorite actresses, Deanna Durbin. She is adorable, beautiful, and has some of the cutest clothes. Oh, did I mention her hair? I would love to have her hair. It's gorgeous! :)


Deanna wears some adorable clothing in the film, Christmas Holiday {1944}. Which has Gene Kelly in it - as a bad guy and she doesn't know it. It's a tragic - yet a simply lovely movie. :) 







Here's an adorable outfit and hat that Deanna is wearing. And her shoes! They look like they have bows on them! How cute. 









A sweet and darling formal. I love the ruffle at the bottom. Once again her hair is beautiful.  

Lovely red coat and blue scarf. 

Cute polka-dot formal.

Cute formal for a young lady in her early to mid-teens. 


Movies I've Seen Her In:

Something in the Wind {1947}
Christmas Holiday {1944}
His Butler's Sisters {1943}
The Amazing Mrs. Holiday {1943}
It's a Date {1940}
It Started with Eve {1941}
First Love {1939}
Mad About Music {1938}
One Hundred Men and a Girl {1937}
Lady on a Train {1945}


Have you seen any of Deanna Durbin's films? What are your favorite one{s}? What is your favorite outfit of hers? Also, do any of you know of a good site for non-head shot pictures of Deanna Durbin?


No comments:

Post a Comment