Monday, June 20, 2011

Vintage Birthday Party DIY List





1. Tissue Paper Pom Poms - I love the look of these tissue paper pom poms that I found on Etsy. But instead of buying them off Etsy I'll just make my own. I already have a bunch of tissue paper in my stash {comes from having many hobbies, like making paper flowers when I was around 14 - 15}. If they turn out alright, I might do a tutorial. :)




2. Fabric Banner - I love the look of this fabric banner I found on Etsy. I have no idea where I would hang it up. Oh I know. I'll just have it drape along the wall. Yes, that will work out just dandy. Once again I won't be buying this, but making my own. This will be perfect for all my scraps. :)




3. Decorate the table with vintage patterns, magazines, and pictures. Using patterns from my stash and magazines I have collected over the years. It will help bring in that vintage vibe. As for pictures, I'll just print some of my favorite vintage pictures & old Hollywood pictures off my macbook. :) 




4. What I wish I had.... A train case would be nice. As would vintage tablecloths, napkins, and dishes. But I don't have any of these at this time - maybe someday I will. :) There are some lovelies on Etsy. 


Before I go, let me show you some inspirational pictures of some shabby chic, vintage-themed, parties & picnics. 



















{images from: Etsy. Personal. Tumblr.}

No comments:

Post a Comment