Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy (late) V-Day

Aw, I missed posting a little Happy Valentine's Day message this year. I don't really even have a good excuse. I guess the day just slipped away too quickly.
So I guess I can say - I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day. I hope the girls giving boudoir pictures got the reactions they were hoping for (I'm sure they did)!

As for my Valentines day, I was thinking how it is funny how this day evolves over the years of your life, from signing your name on all the cards for your classmates and making sure that the boys don't get the "I Love You" candies from you (unless you are into subliminal messages, I was too shy for that), and then on to more romantic events like dinner and a movie and then to making it a family affair like decorating heart shaped cookies with your kids.
This year I cut my daughter's peanut butter and jelly sandwich into a heart shape and wrote her a little note for her lunch. Sentimental things like that mean a lot to her. She was delighted.
To my friends, who's baby had a heart transplant, the whole holiday involving hearts means so much more to them. I think it's sweet the way they make a big deal about it. It is a time to remember all they have been through and to be thankful for all their blessings. To them, hearts aren't just special, they are precious.

While many think it is a holiday created by card and candy companies (I wonder that too), I think it can be so much more. It is a day set aside to let those you love know it... although maybe we should be doing that more often than once a year.

Anyway, Happy (late) V-Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment