Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sewing Bee - Color me Confident {Book Review}

For today's Sewing Bee link-up post I'm going to do a book review. 

Color Me Confident by: Veronique Henderson and Pat Henshaw - I know this isn't a sewing book, but it does help you pick out what styles & colors look best on you. Which is helpful when sewing your own clothes.

My version {2006} isn't the new updated version. So the clothes & celebrity styles they use are a little outdated, but it does serve its purpose: to help show you what colors look best on you, what clothing looks best on you, and to help show you what your design style is. 

What I loved about this book is how it is written in a checklist & pictures format. It makes it so easy to find your colors, what clothes look best on you, and what your design style is. Like I found out that my coloring is Deep & Cool. I'm a triangle. My design style is Creative, Romantic, and Classic. Now, some of this information I already knew. But having a list of dos and don'ts with pictures I found most helpful for me personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment