Thursday, March 31, 2011

Vintage Simplicity #1620


1950s Sundress

Fabric: From Joann's last year.
Pattern: Simplicity 1620 {you can buy this pattern in a size 12 on Etsy}
Year: c.1956
Notions: invisible zipper, bias tape
Time to Complete: A couple of hours last Friday & Saturday.
First worn: March 31, 2011


- Pattern Review -

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, though I sort of did my own thing. =)

Were the instructions easy to follow? Yes, I adore vintage pattern instructions when I do use them. I only used the instructions for the first three steps. 

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I love how easy this pattern was to whip up. Plus this dress came out really cute!!

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I enlarged the pattern on the sides to fit me better. Used two rectangles of fabric for the skirt instead of the pattern pieces included.    

Would you sew it again? Yes!!! 

Would you recommend it to others? Yes, this is a very easy dress pattern to sew.


Well girls, here is my new "vintage" dress that I made this last weekend. How do y'all like it? I didn't wear it totally vintage today, I'm saving that for the Nancy Drew fashion week, instead I styled it more modern.  I love the colors of this dress and it's very fitting for today. If any of you are baseball fans, you will know that today is opening day. And guess what? My dress is in my favorite team's colors - the Detroit Tigers.

No comments:

Post a Comment