Sunday, November 13, 2011

Kate Spade/early 1960s inspired Cocktail Dress


Y'all wanted pictures of my dress? Well, here they are my dears. {The bodice does fit right. It just doesn't look like it in a few of the pictures.}

Pattern: I used vintage McCall's 5294 for the bodice & sleeves.

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Not really.

Were the instructions easy to follow? I didn't use them. For this is a really basic pattern and I was doing my own thing. 

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I can easily make this in one evening {5PM - 11:59PM with a few breaks for dinner & a snack}. Hurray!

Fabric Used: One of the fabrics in the Casa Collection from Joann Fabrics.

Pattern Alterations or any design changes you made: I added a pleat to the top of the sleeve {instead of making it smooth} to make it more modern. I also used just two rectangles of fabric that was box pleated to the bodice for the skirt {inspired by Kate Spade cocktail dresses}. 

Would you sew it again? Yes! This is a nice basic pattern.

Would you recommend it to others? Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment