Monday, July 11, 2011

1940s Trousers


I'm working on making these 1940s Empire Waist Trousers using Decades of Style's pattern for Costume College {it's more of a conference} later this month in LA.

I made them before this past winter. But sadly, I grew out of them this spring/summer. You never got to see pictures of them because it was so cold. I didn't feel like taking pictures in February with all the snow and ice we had. Gabrielle now owns them {with major changes because she is shorter than me and the wide legs just don't work for her}. 

I'll have to trace the pattern and blend two sizes together when I make them. As my sizing is no longer the same. This is weird. As I've been the same pattern size since I was 17 back in 2007. Now I have to learn to fit the new me. Who knows. I might post pictures on how I make the trousers fit me. Let me know if you would be interested.

I'll be using a light-weight wool that was given to me {FREE! I love receiving free things.} This is actually the same fabric I used for my first pair. I have about 2 yards left over {it's really wide. I think 60" or more.} and I was going to make a pencil skirt with the leftover fabric. Boy am I thankful that I never got around to making that skirt. As I grew out of most of them anyways and I wouldn't have the fabric to make a new pair of trousers. 

I also need to decided how to style them for the conference. What type of tops would you suggest? As they are very high waisted. ;) Should I go more 1940s {ideas please!}, or more modern? You can look at past outfit posts to get an idea of what tops I own. ;-)

Before I go. I'm having a two day sale in my Etsy shop right now {this included vintage sewing notions, skirts, well, everything!}. For 10% off just use this code at checkout: ALLSTARWEEKEND

P.S. Don't forget to check and see if you won anything! 

No comments:

Post a Comment