Monday, March 29, 2010

The Price of Beauty

I couldn't find the original source, but it's swimming all over the blogosphere, Rihanna allegedly spends $840,000 a year on her looks. Wow.
While much of that is spent on a personal trainer and an on-call chef, part of it is the obvious hair, makeup, lotions and potions she must use.

I am going to apologize in advance for hopping on my soap box and also for my superfluous use of exclamation points :)

No wonder we are all losing the game of trying to compare ourselves to celebrities and models! I think we need a good healthy dose of perspective. It is their job to look beautiful and as perfect as possible (and they have the resources). Our jobs are different. We may be housewives, secretaries, moms, {photographers}, CEO's, babysitters, waitresses, whatever. And we are important and strong and beautiful too!

One of the ways to enter the recent boudoir shoot contest was just to send me an email stating why you wanted a photo shoot. While I made it clear the answer would not affect the random drawing I could tell a lot of thought was put into some of the entries. I read them all. Most were pretty short and simple. They talked about wanting to show their husbands they are still sexy, or about needing to do something indulgent for yourself. They were sweet, they were sincere and they really touched me. So thank you, I am glad everyone shared. More than ever, I love what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment