Saturday, March 6, 2010

Alice in Wonderland

I saw Alice in Wonderland last night. It was pretty good, here is my unofficial, abbreviated, no-spoilers review:
I loved the imagery and the world that Tim Burton created. The costumes and makeup were pure eye candy.
However, Alice's character was either under-developed or just plain dull. I never gained empathy for her and could have cared less if the jabberwocky ate her!
So there you have it, my honest opinion.

And as an aside, I realized I no longer belong to the generation au courant. During the movie I was annoyed by several people using their Blackberries. I mean, come on, it's like driving down a deserted road at night and then being blinded by someone with their headlights at the brightest setting. It's distracting.
Then the moment the movie was over the whole place lit up with cell phones. That part was just mildly funny. Here I had arranged for a babysitter and turned off my phone to enjoy an evening out with my husband. No way was I going to turn on my phone to check emails. Oh well, I'm getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment