Friday, February 13, 2009

Tales From My Life

Do you ever feel like things don't turn out like you intended (I do all the time). Well, my week started out with grand visions of redecorating and decluttering and started out instead with an emergency surgery... alright, so it wasn't really a surgery, per se, but it did involve a scalpel and some blood. But I am getting ahead of myself.
It all started when my daughter's nanny planned a to take a trip to New York/Washington D.C. with a friend. My husband and I decided that instead of trying to find someone to care for our daughter we would take some time off together and spend it as a family and working on our house. This is the house we have lived in for two years now, although we have yet to unpack everything. It was perfect timing. It's too close to Valentine's Day to get albums back, so all my boudoir sessions were completed and wedding season is still a small way off.
But my dreams were derailed on Sunday when I started feeling a dull pain in the bottom of my foot when I walked. I had my husband take a look and he announced that he thought it was a sliver that was in really deep. So on Monday I visited my doctor who also thought it was a sliver. He told me an option was to numb my foot and cut as deep as he needed to go to get it out. I asked him what the other option was. He said "actually that's the only one". I don't know what I was expecting... a laser that would magically extract it without cutting or blood??? Anyway, he said "I'm not gonna lie, the numbing shots are gonna hurt like a bugger". They did! He extracted it with tweezers and held it up for me to see. It was the size of an eyelash, and he thought it was probably wood. I have NO idea how I got it, I never felt it going in. It was at an angle and I guess it just kept going deeper when I walked on it. The incision was the size of a paper cut, but pretty deep and I couldn't walk on it. And, to top it all off, a few days later I developed a cold/allergies/or something that makes my nose drippy and my eyes red.
So that's that, it's the end of the week and I have an unpainted living room and too much stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment