Friday, February 20, 2009

Client Tips

I just wanted to share some great tips for doing a boudoir session that a wonderful client of mine posted on her bio on TheKnot.com. Take a look at Jennifer's Bio.


Utah Boudoir PhotographyMy B-Pic Advice
I just wanted to give my advice to people who are thinking they are wanting to do a session for B-Pics.
1. If you think you'd like them, DO IT! Don't let the fear of how your body looks deter you. There will always be those 5 lbs you want to lose, you hair to be just 3 inches longer...you can make excuses forever, but in the end, you will love how you look and realize how beautiful you really are!
2. Get your hair and make-up done professionally. My photographer always does this, and there is good reason, I felt so glamourous, confidant, and ready to go.
3. Take a lot of clothing choices. I had some many different outfits, I didn't half of them, but it was so great to be able to see how I was feeling that day, see what made me sexy, and I went with that.
4. Don't be nervous. If you did your homework, I am sure you found a reputable photographer who isn't a sleeze-bag...so don't worry about it!
5. Just have fun. Do silly things, make funny faces, who knows, they might look awesome...the might not. But you should feel awesome and like a super model.
My Don'ts...
Don't feel stupid for doing them
Don't be pressured, if you aren't comfortable doing them, it will show.
Don't go out and spend a ton of money on new clothes...maybe a few new items, but I'm sure you have some good stuff in your closet
Don't be afraid to try something you haven't seen before, just because it is a little different, doesn't make it wrong!

Good luck and have fun...and go to Susie with Definition Images if in Utah!


And this is from her bio on her married bio, which includes recommendations for the vendors she used for her wedding. Jennifer got married in exotic Hawaii!

vendor - definition images
I knew that I wanted to do B-Pics for Nate's gift. I had wanted to do them before and this was the perfect time to do them. I was lucky and got a great deal on them too. Nate's was really pleased with them, and hopefully when we are 89 years ond and all saggy and what not, he will be able to look at them and remember what a smoking babe he got to marry.
Recommendation: Yes, highly.
Explaination: I recommend both doing B-pics and my photographer, Susie at Definition Images. The whole experience was very empowering, and it is awesome to be able to look at pictures of yourself and say wow, I'm hot! It also makes you realize that with the right lighting and a little bit of touch-ups, everyone can look like a supermodel.

Thanks Jennifer! I love the tips and I am so glad you shared. I am so lucky that I get to photograph and to get to know such awesome women and that I get to help them create something really special.

No comments:

Post a Comment