Monday, August 11, 2008

Style

"You can define a Style, but a Style should not define You."

I would love to say that a cool famous person said that, to give it more credit, but, alas, I made that up. Or, at least, I believe I did. Maybe I heard something like it and am subconsciously regurgitating it.

For some reason photographers like to chat with each other about what their style is. I think my clients don't dissect it as much and just know what they like. I would love to be able to concretely tell you what my style is, but I can't. Style is something you evolve into, it's something that changes with the ebb and flow of trends, with the attitude and unique personality of the model, and even with the mood of the photographer. Your personal style should be something that you loosely have, an approach you take to your photography with the intent of being flexible.

I have been photographing people for years. I would say my style is modern and fresh because I keep evolving it. I would also say that I know the trends but don't live by them. I want your portraits to be relevant and undated years down the road. I would also say that your personal style also affects mine. I don't want you to look at your beautiful images and see a reflection of me in them; I am just the photographer and artist. I want you to see YOU and your unique beauty and your style which is just as multi-faceted and hard to define as my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment