Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What's in Your Purse?

I was thinking about a business seminar I attended awhile ago. The people running it wanted everyone to mingle and get to know each other. We were all women. They told us to pull a beauty product out of our purse and tell the woman across the table about it, as if we were recommending it to a friend. If you didn't have a beauty product you could use something else or make something up. It was wildly successful! Every woman uses some sort of beauty product even if it's Vaseline in a tube for your lips. I pulled out my favorite lip gloss du jour and the lady across from me introduced me to oil blotting sheets. I still remember the brand, Crabtree & Evelyn. She told me about how she gets shiny skin throughout the day (me too) and how you blot them on your face to absorb oil instead of caking on more powder. Brilliant!

For fun I'll tell you what I have in my purse today. Nothing fancy, just products I love and use every day.

  • Glow Baby Glow lip gloss in Pink Crush
  • Brand name: mark. (Avon's teen brand, go figure)
  • Why I love it: It's not sticky but super glossy looking. It has a sheer pretty pink color and slight minty scent (totally kissable). It's super moisturizing and I don't have to apply it every few minutes. Yay!




  • Body Lotion in Sweet Pea Forever
  • Brand name: Bath and Body Works
  • Why I love it: It has a feminine floral scent but with citrus mixed in so it doesn't smell like your grandma's perfume (florals are just that way sometimes).

  • Breath Mints in Spearmint
  • Brand name: BreathSavers (Hershey)
  • Why I love it: They are sugar free, taste really great (not overpowering or too strong) and they really do freshen your breath for a long time after the mint is gone. They claim for 3 hours, but by then I've popped in another one because they are so yummy. And yes, mints are beauty products!

No comments:

Post a Comment