Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Everybody's Free (to Wear Sunscreen)

I just wanted to share that I love Fall. When the temperature drops it signals the need for less sunscreen...
Have you ever noticed that when you were little and growing up people were always telling you to do things for your health or to help you grow up? "Drink your milk to make your bones strong" and "Exercise to build strong muscles" and my favorite "Do your homework so you will grow up smart".
Now that I am an adult it seems we have to do (or not do) things to stop ourselves from aging. You know, like the fact that I finally broke down and bought an expensive eye cream for the wrinkles that can only be detected then my nose is touching the mirror, and the fact I now use whitening toothpaste and wear sunscreen religiously. Anyway, just some thoughts about growing up and then growing old.
But back to sunscreen. I don't consider myself a makeup expert (that's why I work with talented hair and makeup artists) and I am certainly NOT a fashion diva, but if I could give everyone one beauty tip it would be to wear sunscreen everyday. I have super fair skin, so I always have, but I have seen a lot of sun damaged skin in my photographic career and while it can be taken care of with a little digital editing your skin is worth the extra few minutes it takes to smooth on a little UV protection each morning.

(oh and so I can never be accused of being a plagerizer - the title of this blog is the title of a Baz Luhrman song)

No comments:

Post a Comment