Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hair Has a Shape?

Please forgive me if you already knew this, but I thought it was really super cool. I was reading a very elementary level human body encyclopedia with my daughter the other day and I learned something interesting about hair. I always kinda wondered why some people have straight hair and some people have curly hair. I knew it was hereditary, but that's it.

Well, it turns out that it is determined by the shape of the hair shaft! If your hair is straight (like mine, actually make that "stick straight") then the hair shafts are round. If your hair is wavy (like I WISH mine were naturally) then the hair shaft is oval shaped. And curly hair is flat, which makes sense; it reminds me of curling ribbon.

I hope you found that nearly as interesting as I did. And if you want to enhance (or change) what mother nature gave you go visit my friends at Studio Enizio for a new style. They also carry the fabulous Kerastase products.

No comments:

Post a Comment